A rich and varied academic programme
The Sixth form curriculum at Rydal Penrhos School is formed in consultation with pupils applying to join us. As far as possible, we shape our option blocks based on demand. We are fortunate to be able to offer both an A Level and an IB programme, allowing all our pupils maximum choice to find an academic programme which suits their individual needs and which ultimately leads them to the university course of their choice.
In addition to preparing pupils thoroughly for examinations, departments offer a variety of opportunities to extend pupils beyond the curriculum: lectures, educational visits, enrichment clubs.
You will be guided through the UCAS process through a bespoke PSHE programme. While offering guidance and advice on the key stages of the UCAS application process, the PSHE programme also provides guidance on a number of issues relevant to Sixth form pupils, including study skills, alcohol, drugs, and mental health.
Sixth form pupils’ academic progress is carefully monitored throughout both Years 12 and 13. Pupils work towards aspirational target grades and receive regular updates on their progress through the school reporting system.
Find out more:
- Introduction to the Sixth form
- Sixth Form Curriculum Booklet 2016 - A-Levels & Technicals
- Sixth Form Curriculum Booklet 2016 - International Baccalaureate
- Into the Sixth - A-level presentation
- Into the Sixth - UCAS Applications
- Into the Sixth - IB Presentation
- A-level choices for 2016 at Rydal Penrhos
- IB choices for 2016 at Rydal Penrhos